Connected to the Liver Meridian.
Liver 3 is located on the dorsum of the foot, in the depression distal to the junction of the 1st and 2nd metal tarsal bones. This point can be very tender to the touch.
You can apply pressure to your own foot, by pressing with your thumb and index finger.
I find the most relief occurs when another individual is willing and able to apply moderate pressure for me.
This allows the individual being treated to focus on breathing and encouraging the area of discomfort to ease and change.
Liver 3 is very powerful and when it is stimulated along with Large Intestine 4 (June's Acupressure Point of the month), you will notice greater relief!
Liver 3 Treats:
- Liver, qi and blood stagnation
- Migraines/ Liver yang rising (rising up of head ache/red face)
- Spasms anywhere in body
- Cramps in muscles
- Eye pain
- Hypochondrial pain (pain and bloating along front border of ribcage)
- Menstrual issues: amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, pms, breast tenderness
- Calming point for irritability, anger, insomnia, anxiety
- Aids Digestion- relieves constipation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea with undigested food