- flossing regularly - dental hygiene is important
- dry brushing in the morning – great for lymphatic drainage
- pilates/exercise sessions 1 to 3 times a week
- stretching in the morning to wake the body up/ stretching always after physical exercise
- naps when I need them
- getting quality night sleep
- regular body work from local practitioners (shiatsu, massage therapy, fascial release, acupuncture, reiki) / weekly to bi-weekly
- eating gluten free/ grain free when I have more motivation
- vitamin/supplements recommended by local Registered Holistic Nutritionist
- epsom salt bath soak (2 cups of salt) with 1/2 cup of baking soda and a plash of essential oil (lavender)
- clay baths
- digital disconnect – leaving phone at home, turning off all electronics in house for a period of time
- meditation – listening to guided meditation
- reboot juice cleansing / I use the juicer from the movie : “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead” reboot lasts 3 to 7 days.
- Water! Water! Water! drink lots of water
- taking a personal day or hour when you need it/ need a break to collect your thoughts
- be kind and gentle to your body
- don’t force yourself to do things that don’t feel good
There is an endless list of what you can do to practice self-care!
Look after your body. It’s the only one you have.